And thus! Tick Tock Bridget are back in the studio once more!
We spent the last week at Dance City in Newcastle as part of their creative summer residencies, our first major development period since we started performing the work in May 2017. We have met some really lovely people (they really are so very nice up north) and danced, jigged and jiggled and, of course, drank a lot of tea.
Here are some fun facts from our time in Newcastle!
- If Rosa doesn’t create a new playlist for every new edit of the soundtrack either Backstreet Boys or In the Jungle (The Mighty Jungle) will play when you least expect it.
- It’s a really really really really long way to Newcastle from Brighton, approximately 700 MILES. #praisebetoaudiobooks #praisebetoJessica
- In Rejoining Jane, there are 17 characters in total. 13 humans and 4 animals. Many more of them are slowing making/hopping their way into the show…
- Historical moment… Grey’s Monument is a Grade I listed monument to Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (TEA!) built in 1838 in the centre of Newcastle on Tyne. It was erected to acclaim Earl Grey for the passing of the Great Reform Act of 1832 and… literally everyone gives you directions in relation to this monument.
- We found out cats could be diabetic, and Harriet’s life changed forever when she found out that Pilates was created by a man named Joseph Pilates. We reassured her that this isn’t that common for exercise class names and there isn’t a Mr Legs-Bums-and-Tums nor a Mrs Zumba.
NEXT STOP: BRIGHTON !
Join us at St Peter’s Fest – Sunday 10th September 12.30pm and 2.30pm on the south lawns, it’s free!
Wednesday 19th September, Brown and Green Cafe, 7.00pm and 8.30pm. Book tickets for all our Autumn performances here.
Finally a very big thank you and round of applause to Arts Council England for supporting the development of Rejoining Jane this Autumn! We are thrilled and over the moon to have your support.
Look out for weekly blog posts! Also don’t forget to sign up to our YouTube channel– we do vlogs! And they are solid gold.